Do you understand the US visa interview process? Once you have completed the entire process for the US fiancée visa or Spouse visa you will end this with a US visa interview in Bangkok. You will need to take all the documents with you including all your receipts to show that you have paid for all the visa application fees. There will also be the sealed envelope from the medical review as well as other documents which they will need to see again. Speak to an immigration attorney about what is needed.
US Visa Interview
The point of the interview is to ensure that the relationship is real and that it is not a scam marriage. They will check all the documents again and then ask questions depending on if it is your fiancée or if you have been married for years. They will check how much you know and this will depend on how long you have been married or have known each other. Good examples would be as follows:
- Where did you meet each other and how long have you been dating?
- How many brothers and sisters does your fiancée have?
- Is your fiancées parents still alive?
- What does your fiancée do for a living or what type of employment does he have?
- Where are you going to get married in the USA?
These are very basic questions. It will give them a good idea as to how well you know each other considering how long you have known each other. For a marriage visa such as the CR1 visa and IR1 visa they might expect more and will ask more complex questions. Examples of these would be:
CR1 Visa or IR1 visa
- What are your in-laws names?
- Where does your husband work in the USA and what does he do?
- Where are you going to live when back in the USA?
- Do you know the names of his brothers and sisters?
- What are the names of your mother and father in law?
When married for a long time the questions may be more detailed and specific as you should know these questions if you have been married for a year or more. Looking for a scam marriage is part of the process as well as ensuring that all the documents are in order and that all the fees have been paid.
Ensuring that she does not have a criminal record is also important as well as the checking of the medical records from the visa medical check is also opened at the meeting. All the notifications, fees receipts and documents which had been submitted. These have to be taken with again in the event that they are looking for something else.
Take proper legal advice and ensure that there are no delays or visa rejection which is not uncommon.
4 thoughts on “US Visa Interview”