CR1 Visa from Thailand

CR1 Visa from Thailand

These are the basics of the CR1 Visa from Thailand. The K3 visa from Thailand can become complicated and there is also the options of a CR1 visa as well as an IR1 visa from Thailand. Speak to an immigration lawyer about these options as some take longer than others, however there is less paperwork once returning back to the United States. The options are also going to depend on how long you have been married for. This is a very basic overview of the settlement visas from Thailand.

CR1 Visa from Thailand

CR1 Visa from ThailandIf you got married in Thailand and have been married for less than 2 years, the CR1 visa process with be focused on Thailand as that is where the marriage occurred best suits you. Don’t forget that if your Thai wife has a minor child, being an unmarried person under the age of 18 then you can also apply for a child derivative CR2 visa for the child.

There are also issues where this child being a minor is subject to child custody and there is a process for this where you will need permission to take the child out of Thailand permanently. The biological parent would have to sign this document at the Amphurs office. Speak to a lawyer about this as it can become very complicated if there was a divorce or other arrangement.

You will need to have registered your marriage in Thailand. Customary marriages are not acceptable in this context and a normal civil marriage registration will need to have been completed. This is also the same when it comes to traditional customary Muslim marriages in Thailand. These are complex and legal advice and assistance will be required. Note also the polygamy is not allowed and only one wife will be allowed and that being the one that you have registered as your wife with the Thai government. Polygamy is not legal in Thailand.

CR1 Visa Process

Starting the visa process is easy enough to understand. Its starts with the Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative. This process starts at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in the area where you live in the United States. If you have lived in Thailand permanently for many years then you should speak to an immigration lawyer about another option. See more options with regards to the CR1 Visa from Thailand on the main website.

Once the documents have been filed you will get a Notice of Action (Form I-797) receipt notice. You need to keep this as it will be required at the visa interview in Thailand. Once these documents have been approved the USCIS will send it to the National Visa Center for further processing.

If you have missed documents or translations are not correct and certified then you might get a Request for Evidence. They will tell you what is short or incorrect and you will need to provide them with the needed documents or corrections with the needed explanations. The visa interview and medical examinations will be the next steps. Speak to a a lawyer about the CR1 Visa from Thailand.

Author: Robert Stan

Moving from the East to the West. See what is needed when it comes to US immigration services. Some good ideas for you and your Asian fiancee or Asian spouse while moving back to America.

1 thought on “CR1 Visa from Thailand

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *